Care? YES! And, MORE than you might think.
I remember when I worked in sales in UK radio stations and we were taught to ‘care, but not that much’. This was simply a reminder that we were selling an advertising commodity to businesses, not saving a life.
Running our holiday business for many years here in Peyia, Cyprus, I’ve had to ‘reframe’ this phrase. It just didn’t fit with the work we do. I realised very early that we HAD to care. Very much. Both for the owners of the properties who had put their trust in us to protect their investments and see them work hard. But, also for YOU. The customers who entrust your much needed holiday to ourselves. Your investment isn’t just financial it’s also ‘hopes and dreams’. And, precious time off with your family and friend
A holiday business has to be run with heart, in my humble opinion. We HAVE to care – or our customers don’t get the best out of their holiday in their chosen villa or apartment.
We care about
- Your villa choice
- The weather during the time you choose to come
- Whether you REALLY can walk to the beaches and restaurants or whether you want to hire a car
- Whether the location of the villa or apartment suits the needs of all of your party, young or old; family or friends
- Whether the lights are on when you arrive in the early hours
- Whether you’ve got enough food /supplies to make a cuppa/have a sandwich/have a glass of wine
- Whether you’ve got internet on if you’ve asked for it
- Whether the makeup of beds is right for you eg no point in having 3 doubles for 6 singles holidaying together
- Whether the pools are cleaned, healthy and ready
- Whether you, our customers, have got our contact numbers, 24/7
- Whether you’ve got the numbers of those, God forbid you to need them, emergency services during their stay
…in fact. We have to care about EVERYTHING. To ensure your holiday is as easy and lovely for you as we can. And, we do exactly that.
Owners only pay us for so much of our work. This can infuriate my husband but I figure that we just have to BE there, whatever and whenever. Some real-life examples:
- A guest falls down a flight of steps at 4 am in the morning and the rest of his party are panic-stricken; so I go and wait with them
- A guest has had a bereavement before she arrives and one of her party who should have been with her, isn’t; so we work hard to make her feel ‘loved and cared for’
- Guests are here for a wedding; so we take local champagne
- A child in a family is having a birthday on holiday; so we take the cake!
- We are late finishing a clean; so we take the family out to dinner, at our cost while the clean is finished
- OMG! The pillows aren’t the right height; so we find some that are and lend them for the duration of the holiday.
In fact, we’re the only company I know of, who really go the extra mile. We’re not asking for anything more from the owners or the guests. I see our role as being there in the shadows in case you need us, and making you feel safe. So, you don’t worry, because I’ll worry about you enough for the both of us!
Luckily, we have a great team in the office.
The pool team are superb and love their pools to sparkle. The cleaning team see to the big and small details. And, Emma and I do the welcomes; the smiles; the listening and the responding. Honestly? Nothing is too much trouble.
We just want you to have a great holiday, and you do. And many of you come back to us year after year. We love to see you return and to welcome new customers too!
At the end of the day, when the guests are all safely snuggled up in their chosen villa beds, it’s only then that we can relax and feel happy. And, sleep; with one ear open for the phone!