Bathtime with Barney T Rubble – the rules…
If you are thinking of having a bath and Barney T Rubble, monster pup is in the house, the first rule is, don’t have a bath.
Or lock the bathroom door after making sure you have taken Barneys ‘tool kit’ off him.
If however, you manage to slip quietly into the peace of a bubble bath and he ‘pops’ into the bathroom:
- Grab all dry towels immediately and lift them above your head
- Do NOT lie down in the water. He will put his paws on your face to try to step into the bath.
- Hot water doesn’t phase him: splashing or soaping him, just makes him enjoy the torment he is giving you, even more.
- Don’t sing: he howls along with you.
- Don’t take a glass of wine or GnT: he enjoys both and has a way of distracting you while he reaches for them
- Do make sure there is no toilet paper on the roll. His ‘cute labrador’ impression will be legendary…….
In fact, just don’t.
Im thinking of getting him a job in a beauty parlour as ‘Spa-ney T Rubble’……..such is his love of bubbles, shampoo and hot water. No wonder I dream of drinking!