Been a very interesting week – though I’m totally shattered by all the “goings on”. Let me explain:
– Monday, was a busy arrivals day. Half term is upon us and we welcomed happy people to Isis apartment, Villa Marina Sunset and Villa Caliteri
– Tuesday was also a busy day with arrivals from Scotland – and an evening taking another Greek lesson (and a very hard one at that!)
– Wednesday and Thursday were totally and utterly scary! Sam held the fort while I attended the NSPF CPO Pool and Spa operator course; with Tony and Paul, our villa manager, as the lecturers! It was a very intense and interesting 2 days. The exam at the end of it was awful : 60 questions based on key elements of swimming pool and water safety and cleanliness – and 2 days of cramming as the foundation.
Did I pass? You bet I did with a 92% score and huge headache which still hasn’t gone away…… still, is very important to us that we all know what is going on, so we can keep our holidaymakers safer and healthier. Got to say though, I’ll never swim in a pool again, which hasn’t been cleaned by a CPO trained operator. Its frightening learning what illnesses can be caught from dirty pool water!
– Friday, back to the office and back to normal: or at least what passes for normal in the crazy world of villa management and holidays. Lovely people called in to see us, including Charmaine and Bill who are holidaying in Viks Place in Peyia and I met the Swedish contingement of the family holidaying in Caliteri. Sadly for them and the others, it poured with rain all day yesterday! Today has been glorious again, though!
– Saturday and we’ve been viewing some beautiful apartments, including Vals Apartment, Cozy Corner and Hitchins while we wait for tonights arrivals…..
Clocks go back tonight which is great: 2 hours of lie in, stolen from an about to be very busy Sunday……bliss! Just need to tell Jake not to sing until a little later in the morning!